ST. JOSEPH, Mich. – United Federal Credit Union (UFCU) has been awarded a five-star Superior rating by Bauer Financial Inc. for the seventeenth consecutive year. It is the highest rating awarded by Bauer.
Bauer Financial, Coral Gables, Florida, the nation’s leading independent bank and credit union rating and research firm, has been reporting on and analyzing the performance of U.S. banks and credit unions since 1983. No institution pays Bauer Financial to rate it, nor can any choose to be excluded.
Bauer classifies credits union based on a number of factors including profitability, investment portfolio, capital, loan delinquencies, and historical trends/reserves. Being a Bauer Financial-recommended credit union provides strong evidence of United Federal Credit Union’s soundness as a financial institution.
UFCU is a nationally recognized credit union that receives consistently high ratings from Members, employees and industry peers. Among the accolades received in recent years are:
- National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) Federal Credit Union of the Year, 2013
- Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) Outstanding Credit Union of the Year, 2013
- CEO Gary Easterling, Michigan Credit Union League Credit Union Professional of the Year, 2014
- VP of Operations Jeff Curry, Michigan Credit Union League Community Volunteer of the Year, 2014
- Excellence Award in Strategic Leadership, CUNA Human Resources/Training and Development Council, 2014
- The Herald-Palladium Reader’s Choice Award, Bank/Credit Union, 2014
- Best Places to Work in Arkansas, Arkansas Business/Best Companies Group, 2014
United Federal Credit Union has served its Members since 1949 by helping them to build a sound financial future. UFCU consists of more than 130,000 Member/owners worldwide, and manages assets in excess of $1.83 billion. Its corporate offices and main branch are located in St. Joseph, Mich., with additional branches in Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Nevada, and Ohio.